DagDok - your guide to the UN documentation
DagDok is a guide to the UN documentation by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law library, Uppsala University. Its purpose is to help you find UN reports and documents as well as background information about the UN organization as well as areas of UN activity.
Uppsala's Dag Hammarskjöld
September 18 is it the 60th anniversary of the passing of Dag Hammarskjöld. We honor his memory with this film about Hammarskjöld's Uppsala.
The memories of Uppsala remained close to the former Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld throughout his whole life. This is where he spent his childhood and his years as a young student, and this also became his final resting place.
This short documentary about Dag Hammarskjöld's time in Uppsala connects his story with the town of today.
- Produced by: Öhrn Media / Dag Hammarskjöld library, Uppsala
- Year of production: 2011
- Length: 17 minutes
UN News Centre
- Boosting production, crucial for least developed countries, post pandemic 2021-09-27
- Iran nuclear programme at ‘critical point’, Israeli Prime Minister warns 2021-09-27
- ‘Time to rethink, transform, and safely restart tourism’, says UN chief 2021-09-27
- ‘Humanity remains unacceptably close to nuclear annihilation, says UN chief on International Day 2021-09-26
- ‘Overwhelmed by old challenges’, Caribbean leaders say COVID-19 has forced a new battle for the survival of their nations 2021-09-26
UNRIC Info Point and Library
- Alarm bells are ringing over conflict, COVID and climate, ‘now we must respond’, Ireland tells UN Assembly 2021-09-24
- Cyprus President determined to get negotiation with Turkey process back on track 2021-09-24
- ‘The adolescence of humanity is coming to an end’, declares UK Prime Minister 2021-09-23
- International community must harness momentum created by triple crises and act, says Norway 2021-09-23
- ‘Through the tears, solutions for a better society have sprung up’: Estonian President 2021-09-22